Monday, June 14, 2010

Ready, Set.... GO!

Thank you SO much to all the people who have supported me on my trip to Haiti, I am so grateful to all of you!! The final total of all the money given was $5095, God has blessed not only me but the children of Haiti through you and I am so excited for the opportunity to go and share with them.

Some of the extra money I've earned has gone into buying some toys that I'm bringing with me to the orphanage such as soft nerf balls, frisbees, jump ropes, and materials for making bracelets. The rest is going into a separate fund specifically for the orphanage to help them purchase land and build an actual building for them to live in.


My friend Rebekah Dyrud is joining my family for the trip, and she flew in from Minnesota on Sunday. Tomorrow my mom, Rebekah, and I will leave at six o'clock... AM! We should arrive in Haiti around four o'clock and get settled into our dorms.

Being the procrastinator I am, I didn't start packing until today at 5:00 PM and hopefully I'll be finished soon and get to bed since we have an early morning. I just can't believe this is finally happening, I am SO excited!!! Thank you again SO much to all my supporters.

Until next time...from HAITI!! :)

2 comments:

  1. wow Petra I had no idea you collected so much,I'm sorry I didn't contribute,I didn't know,I have tried several times to talk to you on FB but never got a response.
    I hope you have a wonderful experience there.looking forward to reading about your experience
    Love you
    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had know about this I would have contributed the money I raised from a cup raffle to your efforts. Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete